Today’s Miracle Moment is about loving your body now, not later…
Your body is truly a miracle! Do you feel that?
Or do you find yourself judging your body and thinking it needs to change before you love it?
There’s nothing wrong with wanting to feel healthy and energized. In fact, that’s a wonderful thing! But because of the messaging in our culture, we can spend our whole lives thinking that our bodies need to change. We believe our bodies aren’t good enough as they are, or that one part is too big or another is too small.
As a result, we can miss out on many of the incredible gifts that our bodies offer us.
Our subtle bodies have incredible energy centers that have the power to calm our minds in a way that our minds can’t do alone.
These energy centers filter all of the impulses that are coming from the universe to you. Dreams and desires can rise up through your heart, through your manifesting ability, and into your conscious awareness. They allow us to elevate our consciousness and connect with our true spiritual nature.
Here’s a practice to do when you find yourself in a state of judgment about your body:
- Drop down from your head and start taking deep breaths in your belly.
- Squeeze your shoulder blades together and drop them down. This will help you to anchor yourself right in the center of your body around your heart space. This also stabilizes the mind and allows it to pay attention to what’s happening inside the body.
- Take deep, slow belly breaths low in the abdomen below the navel.
- Slowly count to 10 and inhale.
- Then count to 12 or 14 and exhale even more slowly.
This breathing process allows for so much transformation to happen. Your nervous system can start to anchor itself and pay attention to what’s happening in the body. When our awareness is on what’s happening in the body, we can stay out of our heads, the place where judgments originate.
We then become present with life instead of making judgements about how things could be better or different, or should be better or different than they actually are.
You are beautiful and perfect as you are.
Simply by getting back into the body, you can start to experience the amazingness of what your body truly is.
“And I said to my body softly, ‘I want to be your friend.’ It took a long breath and replied, ‘I have been waiting my whole life for this.’”– Nayyirah Waheed