Welcome to today’s Miracle Moment.
It’s the holidays and maybe you’re feeling a little stressed, overwhelmed, stretched a bit too thin, or even feeling a little blue. Don’t worry, you’re not alone.
The rate of depression goes up over the holidays for many reasons. Maybe it’s the thought of dealing with that cranky aunt of yours at the family dinner. Or, maybe it’s the stress of finding the right gift for someone in your life.
Maybe it’s the financial burden of all of those gifts you feel that you have to purchase. Or, maybe it’s all of the sugar that’s popping up everywhere that you end up eating. For multiple reasons, many people don’t feel happy during the holidays. In fact, December can be a month of burnout.
Today we’re sharing with you a simple way to get yourself back into the Miracle Zone; a way to keep your energy bright and steady, even when the holiday craziness is all around you.
I (Dr. Sue) have been working with patients for more than 30 years, and I’ve witnessed how many people experience depression, overwhelm, and stress during the holidays.
During this time, the breath work I’ve developed is especially helpful as it anchors us in our bodies and hearts and brings us into the present moment. Instead of being in our heads thinking of all we have to do, this breath work allows us to heal,and can remind us that this is a time of miracles on earth– a time to remember that we are made of high frequency energy and light.
To get back into the Miracle Zone, here’s a simple, but powerful practice…
- Begin by breathing down low in your belly. As you inhale, make your belly big.
- Exhale, pulling your belly back to your spine.
- Inhale making your belly big like Santa’s belly or like a big Buddha belly, and exhale making the belly smaller on the exhale.
- Breath in and imagine that a ray of light, a bundle of Holy light, is pouring down into your body.
- As you exhale, infuse that light into the cells of your body.
- Take another deep breath in from overhead and experience it coming down through the center of your brain, the center of your throat, the center of your chest, the center of your belly.
- Exhale into the earth and open the jaw making the sound of haah.
This vibrational tone allows you to anchor and center yourself at the same time. It pulls you out of the hubbub that’s happening in the world and allows you to drop down into your body to feel an entirely different vibrational frequency moving through you.
As simple as it seems, this practice can change everything in an instant. It can change your entire experience during the holidays.
This is the season of lights—there are lights on the trees, candles are lit, you see light everywhere on the outside. Let’s also experience the light within ourselves with this simple practice.
The holidays are Holy days. Rather than being stressed out and not experiencing the holiness of the season, let’s truly make the holidays Holy days filled with light and love.
Happy Holy Days with all our love.